Do you have a solid sales strategy?
As technology, markets and opportunities change over time, it is vital to know where your future revenue and growth is going to come from. Standing still is not an option. Whether you need to validate your business model or engineer a complete transformation – we have seasoned experts to help you through this tough process.
Our sales strategy consultants have a minimum of 20+ years of sale experience and have operated at Sales Director/SVP level within medium, large and global organisations. They have a unique talent of mixing best practice with the reality of early-mid stage companies and are more than capable of becoming player-managers if needed. The sectors that we have consulted on include: cyber security, eCommerce, martech, pubtech, fintech, digital transformation, personalisation and mobile technologies.
The E360 engagement is typically split into two phases – planning and then execution. The planning phase is all about understanding where the business is today – it’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
Business orientation – where are you now?
- Review management accounts, organisation review, business values and culture
- What do you do? Why are you different? Current value proposition?
- Size of potential market (TAM), competitive landscape, industry trends
- Existing processes (sales, pricing, development, delivery)
- Current sales pipeline
Strategy - who/why/what/when?
- What will you be selling? Who will you be selling to? How will you measure success?
- How do you create clear blue water?
- Create/revise 12m business plan
- Outline dependencies/risks, create communication plan, create sales plan/resources
- Agree milestones/reviews/KPIs
Output: Detailed 12 month business plan
The execution phase to a large extent is about monitoring, measuring, reporting and re-calibrating as required. In a nutshell – creating accelerated business growth. Areas that we typically focus on include:
- Creating momentum and energy
- Measure and review metrics on weekly basis
- Weekly staff meetings to communicate progress
- Use E360 networks to identify leads/gain meetings in first the instance
- Commence lead generation activities
- Sales delivery
- Over communicate internally and externally
- Celebrate successes
- Review and repeat
Output: Ongoing sales management and leadership, monthly board report, staff and client meetings, sales
Market Opportunity Analysis
The E360 Market Opportunity Analysis (MOA) helps clients that are in the early stages of planning a territory expansion to estimate the size and sales potential in a given territory. During the analysis we explore the competitive landscape, market segmentation, price sensitivity, market readiness and local industry trends. Our localised research includes interviews with industry experts, potential clients, industry associations as well as more traditional research methods.
The output from the MOA will help clarify the sales potential of launching a product in territory and, equally important, give a deeper understanding of the steps a client should take to ensure the launch it a success. This may involve localising marketing material, PR, launch events and the establishing the correct blend of business development and sales activities.
We strongly recommend that clients new to a territory engage in an MOA, as this can often save time and money at launch stage.
Output: Written report, in-depth call to discuss recommendations and next steps.